Re: Dolfin 0.6.1 compilation problem with petsc from debian/sid

On 5/11/06, LUK ShunTim <shuntim.luk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anders Logg wrote:
[snip]

> Do you have configarch in any of those directories?

No; and "dpkg -S configarch" turns up nothing. Maybe the debian package
does not include it.

It could be that 'configarch' is named 'petscarch' in the debian
petsc2.3.1 package. At least there is such a command which produce
similar output.

> I haven't tried DOLFIN with Debian's PETSc for a long time since it
> wasn't updated for a while, but maybe it has been now.

It's now 2.3.1 and that's why I'd like to have a try.

> /Anders

I tried copying configarch over (from the petsc source tree into
$PETSC_DIR/bin), set the PATH and now it gets past, but some more
errors. :-(

".....
checking for configarch... yes
make: *** No rule to make target `getincludedirs'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `getlinklibs'.  Stop.
...."

The ./configure in  dolfin needs the makefiles from PETSc to execute
things like"
'make -s -C $PETSC_DIR getincludedirs....'

So, unfortunately the debian package of petsc and dolfin from source
does not work very well together!

--
Mandus
The only dr. Mandus around.