Re: gmsh conversion revisited

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 04:19:04PM +0000, Alexander Jarosch wrote:
> Well the thing is that i forgot that the gmsh msh points and the VTK
> node point numbers are not the same, as it seems. the vertex missing is
> with the point numbers from the VTK output, because I miss the vertex
> there. A simple python conversion tool I wrote for msh --> xml does not
> show this behaviour, so I thougth it might be a dolfin-convert problem.
> The thing is that the vertex is not just missing in the VTK file, there
> are wrong field values around that vertex.
>
> How shall we proceed to debug this?
>
> Alex

Well, post the two correct files (.msh and .xml) together with the one
that is wrong (generated with dolfin-convert) and point to where
something is different. It should be easy to fix.

You can also take a look in dolfin-config (which is also a Python
script) and see if you can spot the problem. Since you have a working
Python script yourself, you obviously know how to fix it. :-)

/Anders