Re: DOLFIN-stable

> I think so.
>
> I don't think a special --disable-modules will be necessary.
> But we will need the following targets:
>
>     make modules
>     make modules_install
>
> Then if one likes, one may enter into src/modules/demo and do
>
>     make

Sounds good.

> One problem I have is that just moving demo, bench, test for modules
> into src/modules makes a very flat structure, with navierstokes at the
> same level as the demo for navierstokes. Perhaps we could have
>
>     src/modules/
>     src/modules/solvers
>     src/modules/solvers/navierstokes
>     src/modules/solvers/elasticity
>     src/modules/solvers/plasticity
>     src/modules/demo
>     src/modules/bench
>     src/modules/test
>
> This could open up for creating other kinds of modules that are not
> necessarily solvers.

The modules seem not that specified right now, and naming a module after a
certain equation may not be that good, for example since a typical module
may be multi-physics based, or several methods may be used for solving the
same equation. Also, I do not think the /modules/solvers level is needed,
it should be enough with /modules. And I'm not sure that we need to have a
separate level for classifying the type of modules either (flow, solid,
etc.)

I think we should have src/modules, where we today can put modules that
are maintained (navierstokes, elasticity,...), in a flat structure, and
the naming could be quite free: "fluid-structure-interaction-solver",
"fsi-flash", "heart", or whatever reasonable (where maybe not *-falsh
would qualify...).

/Johan