Re: [HG dolfin] Implemented license change to LGPL.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 05:44:53PM +0200, Anders Logg wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 05:25:05PM +0200, Johan Hoffman wrote:
> > The license change was agreed on in an email correspondance between the
> > four main developers of Dolfin, earlier this year. We agreed on a final
> > list of copyright holders in the code to obtain consent from, and we
> > agreed on that if we did not receive any response we would go through with
> > the change, and take out the code of non-consenting copyright holders.
> >
> > I think we have received consent from most/all copyright holders, so I
> > think it is natural to implement what we agreed on. Is there anyone in
> > particular that has not approved that you are thinking of?
>
> I haven't checked. Which code did you remove?
>
> This is a big change so I think we should have discussed it first on
> dolfin-dev.
>
> /Anders

One thing to discuss is which version of LGPL to use. There are
several options:

  1. Version 2.1
  2. Version 2.1 or (at your option) any later version published by FSF
  3. Version 3 (soon to be published)

Before making the switch from GPL --> LGPL, it would be good to decide
on 1, 2 or 3 so we don't need to make another license change soon.