Re: [HG dolfin] Implemented license change to LGPL.

> The license change was agreed on in an email correspondance between the
> four main developers of Dolfin, earlier this year. We agreed on a final
> list of copyright holders in the code to obtain consent from, and we
> agreed on that if we did not receive any response we would go through with
> the change, and take out the code of non-consenting copyright holders.
>
> I think we have received consent from most/all copyright holders, so I
> think it is natural to implement what we agreed on. Is there anyone in
> particular that has not approved that you are thinking of?
>
> I have kept most of the email correspondance in case we feel a need for
> publishing it on the mailing list.
>
> /Johan
>

>> Did we really get everyone's agreement on this?
>>
>> My understanding was that we were still awaiting approvement from all
>> authors? We haven't even discussed this on the list.
>>
>> /Anders

Hi,

Yes, we did get agreement from most of the major source contributors. At
least I have not been expecting any more answers, I was satisified with
the answers we got. The only reason the change hasn't happened earlier is
because I haven't gotten around to implement it, apologies if the delay
caused a surprise.

We have had a quite thorough discussion with all concerned parties (source
contributors). Perhaps we could also have had discussion on this mailing
list, but I have not sensed any controversy over this issue. Is there any
controversy over this issue? It was brought up once right after FEniCS'06,
but it received no reply.

These have indicated agreement:

Johan Hoffman
Johan Jansson
Anders Logg
Garth Wells
Andy Terrel
Georgios Foufas
Glenn Lines
Angelo Simone
Alexander Jarosch

Nobody has indicated disagreement.

These have not replied at all:

Erik Svensson
Haiko Etzel
Harald Svensson
Jim Tilander
Kristian Oelgaard
Minh Do-Quang

My feeling is that we have been as thorough as we can. The code that we
have not had any replies about is self-contained and quite limited.
Possibly Kristian Oelgaard's code is a bit spread out, touching 3 files in
mesh and 1 in la. I can send a personal email to him again in case he has
any objections and missed the mail. If we receive a disagreeing email in
the future we can simply comply and take the code out.

I'm confident though that this change has been made according to the law
(which is why we were careful in the first place) and that we have taken
the steps we reasonably can be expected to take.