Re: [HG dolfin] Fix VTK outout. Results look ok now.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 06:50:17PM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> Quoting Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 07:04:16PM +0200, DOLFIN wrote:
> > > One or more new changesets pushed to the primary DOLFIN repository.
> > > A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.
> > >
> > > changeset:   2900:cc8dbffbcc9cebe6761eceb5b91d324e0ec2caf0
> > > tag:         tip
> > > user:        "Garth N. Wells <g.n.wells@xxxxxxxxxx>"
> > > date:        Mon Apr 23 19:04:03 2007 +0200
> > > files:       src/kernel/io/VTKFile.cpp
> > > Fix VTK outout. Results look ok now.
> >
> > Very nice. Maybe we should put back the same boundary condition as we
> > had before and compare the results (the solution vector number by
> > number) with the old demo. That would be a very good indicator that
> > we are on the right track.
> >

> Do we still need to do some work on applying Dirichlet boundary conditions to
> particular components of a vector only, or is this already implemented?
>
> Garth

I think this is not needed for the elasticity demo since we set the
values for all the vector components. The displacement is u = [0, 0, 0]
at one end and u = [ux, uy, uz] at the other end.

This problem does not show up until we get to the Stokes demo.