Re: [HG dolfin] Fix VTK outout. Results look ok now.

Anders Logg wrote:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 06:50:17PM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:
Quoting Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 07:04:16PM +0200, DOLFIN wrote:
One or more new changesets pushed to the primary DOLFIN repository.
A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.

changeset:   2900:cc8dbffbcc9cebe6761eceb5b91d324e0ec2caf0
tag:         tip
user:        "Garth N. Wells <g.n.wells@xxxxxxxxxx>"
date:        Mon Apr 23 19:04:03 2007 +0200
files:       src/kernel/io/VTKFile.cpp
Fix VTK outout. Results look ok now.
Very nice. Maybe we should put back the same boundary condition as we
had before and compare the results (the solution vector number by
number) with the old demo. That would be a very good indicator that
we are on the right track.

Do we still need to do some work on applying Dirichlet boundary conditions to
particular components of a vector only, or is this already implemented?

Garth

I think this is not needed for the elasticity demo since we set the
values for all the vector components. The displacement is u = [0, 0, 0]
at one end and u = [ux, uy, uz] at the other end.

Looks like the boundary condition at one end is u = [-, uy, uz].

I've applied the same boundary conditions for the new and the old code, and the results are close, but not the same. One issue is that FFC is producing code with fewer significant digits than previously.

Garth

This problem does not show up until we get to the Stokes demo.