Re: running demos

Hmm looks like petsc is installed correctly. Although it seems there might be some bug in the dolfin petsc solver elsewhere.

pcorreia@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Do other demos run?

No they don't.

It could be that PETSc is aborting the assembly procedure.  Do the PETSc
tests (cd ${PETSC_DIR};make tests) work?

Yes, since I don't use mpi, the result was

Running test examples to verify correct installation
C/C++ example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with 1 MPI
process
Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 2 MPI
processes
See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html
p0_29593:  p4_error: Timeout in making connection to remote process on
localhost: 0
Graphics example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with 1
MPI process
Fortran example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex5f run successfully with 1
MPI process
Completed test examples

Andy

pcorreia@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I was trying to run the demo poisson but it aborts:

Creating sub domain markers for boundary condition.
Initializing PETSc (ignoring command-line arguments).
Creating linear PDE with one boundary condition.
Solving linear PDE.
  Assembling rank 2 form.
  Ordering mesh entities...
  Assembling over 2048 cells.
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
0.0%
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
  |======|----------------------------------------------------------|
10.0%
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
  |=============|---------------------------------------------------|
20.0%
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
  |===================|---------------------------------------------|
30.0%
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
  |==========================|--------------------------------------|
40.0%
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
  |================================|--------------------------------|
50.0%
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
  |=======================================|-------------------------|
60.1%
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
  |=============================================|-------------------|
70.1%
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
  |====================================================|------------|
80.1%
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
  |==========================================================|------|
90.1%
  | Assembling over cells                                           |
  |=================================================================|
100.0%
  Assembling rank 1 form.
Aborted

I configured the package with the option --disable-pydolfin because it
always give an error (already repported). The package was recovered
today
via hg.
Any hint?
Thanks