Re: new dolfin::function

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 02:56:52PM +0200, Alessio Quaglino wrote:

> I'm trying to get my code working with the new dolfin 0.7.0-1 but it seems
> there are a several problems. For example, a part of the dolfin::Function
> interface has disappeared. In particular, it is not possible to get the
> value corresponding to a vertex or the finite element space where the
> function is living. Have these functionalities been moved somewhere else?
>
> Regards,
> Alessio Quaglino

Use Function::interpolate() to access the values. Often, one can
avoid ever needing to access the values directly, but if they should
be needed, then it is possible to either interpolate the Function to a
given Cell (getting the expansion coefficients in the local finite
element basis) or get the values at all vertices.

So, try to avoid accessing the values but if you really need the
values at vertices you can still get them.