Re: new dolfin::function

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 02:56:52PM +0200, Alessio Quaglino wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to get my code working with the new dolfin 0.7.0-1 but it
>> seems
>> there are a several problems. For example, a part of the
>> dolfin::Function
>> interface has disappeared. In particular, it is not possible to get the
>> value corresponding to a vertex or the finite element space where the
>> function is living. Have these functionalities been moved somewhere
>> else?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alessio Quaglino
>
> Use Function::interpolate() to access the values. Often, one can
> avoid ever needing to access the values directly, but if they should
> be needed, then it is possible to either interpolate the Function to a
> given Cell (getting the expansion coefficients in the local finite
> element basis) or get the values at all vertices.
>
> So, try to avoid accessing the values but if you really need the
> values at vertices you can still get them.
>
> /Anders

Ok I see, however with interpolate() I can either get all the Vertex
values or the values at a given Cell. While the latter case is unefficient
for my purpose  because I'd pass through the same Vertex several times, in
the former I get a vector with the values at all vertices but no
information about how to access such a vector.

Regards,
Alessio