Re: MS visual studio C++ 8

>> - I don't know how to set the variable DOLFIN_VERSION present in
>> init.cpp
>
> DOLFIN_VERSION is a #define (see src/kernel/main/dolfin/constants.h).

Yes sorry, the compiler actually says that the PACKAGE_VERSION variable is
undefined.

I managed to compile and link everything (using default BLAS libraries and
I still haven't checked if UMFPACK works), however I still have quite big
problems since my code runs very slowly (compared to linux) and almost
gets stuck in the lump() routine because it takes ages.

> It would be helpful if you submitted your fixes as an hg bundle (or a
> series of small bundles, one for each set of fixes). I'm on parental
> leave until the end of November so I have limited bandwidth, but someone
> else should be able to pick it up.

I signed up to the FEniCS wiki so that I'll be able to add a short guide.

Alessio