Re: MS visual studio C++ 8

Alessio Quaglino wrote:
- I don't know how to set the variable DOLFIN_VERSION present in
init.cpp
DOLFIN_VERSION is a #define (see src/kernel/main/dolfin/constants.h).

Yes sorry, the compiler actually says that the PACKAGE_VERSION variable is
undefined.

I managed to compile and link everything (using default BLAS libraries and
I still haven't checked if UMFPACK works), however I still have quite big
problems since my code runs very slowly (compared to linux) and almost
gets stuck in the lump() routine because it takes ages.

Are you using uBLAS or PETSc? If you're using uBLAS, check the compiler flags and make sure that you have -DNDEBUG. Otherwise, anything to do with uBLAS will be dead slow.

Garth

It would be helpful if you submitted your fixes as an hg bundle (or a
series of small bundles, one for each set of fixes). I'm on parental
leave until the end of November so I have limited bandwidth, but someone
else should be able to pick it up.

I signed up to the FEniCS wiki so that I'll be able to add a short guide.

Alessio

/Anders

Alessio