Re: MS visual studio C++ 8

>>> DOLFIN doesn't use BLAS, but it may be used by libraries which DOLFIN
>>> uses, such as PETSc and UMFPACK. uBLAS doesn't use BLAS.
>>
>> Just to be sure, since understanding how to use PETSc in VS will be
>> cumbersome and time-consuming, if I switch to PETSc I can completely
>> forget about uBLAS and get a faster implementation?
>
> No and no. DOLFIN is dependent on UMFPACK, and PETSc is not necessarily
> faster. The reason for using PETSc is to permit parallel computation and
> access to a wide range of solvers and preconditioners.

I still want to use UMFPACK + ATLAS, but my bottleneck are some
matrix-matrix multiplication taking 60% of the runtime execution because
performed by uBLAS (see this becnhmark
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Frequently_Asked_Questions_Using_UBLAS).
Also, the compiling takes ages, and I want to understand if this depends
on uBLAS or Dolfin. That's why I want to try PETSc.

Alessio