Re: Status of Dolfin Packages for Debian ( ?smund ?deg?rd )

Hello Asmund,
Sorry for the late reply but I have been ill lately.
I tried the following:

n$ sudo apt-get --purge remove ufc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
 viper instant swig fiat
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 ffc* libdolfin* libdolfin-dev* ufc*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 31.4MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 165575 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing libdolfin-dev ...
INFO: using old version '/usr/bin/python2.3'
Purging configuration files for libdolfin-dev ...
Removing libdolfin ...
Purging configuration files for libdolfin ...
Removing ffc ...
INFO: using old version '/usr/bin/python2.3'
Removing ufc ...
INFO: using old version '/usr/bin/python2.3'

followed by a re-install of libdolfin:

sudo apt-get install libdolfin-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done
 ffc libdolfin ufc
 ffc libdolfin libdolfin-dev ufc
0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 422kB/9424kB of archives.
After unpacking 31.4MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://www.fenics.org unstable/main ufc 1.0 [422kB]
Fetched 422kB in 2s (166kB/s) Selecting previously deselected package ufc.
(Reading database ... 164770 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking ufc (from .../apt/archives/ufc_1.0_all.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package ffc.
Unpacking ffc (from .../apt/archives/ffc_0.4.3_all.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libdolfin.
Unpacking libdolfin (from .../libdolfin_0.7.1_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libdolfin-dev.
Unpacking libdolfin-dev (from .../libdolfin-dev_0.7.1_i386.deb) ...
Setting up ufc (1.0) ...
INFO: using old version '/usr/bin/python2.3'
Setting up ffc (0.4.3) ...
INFO: using old version '/usr/bin/python2.3'
Setting up libdolfin (0.7.1) ...
Setting up libdolfin-dev (0.7.1) ...
INFO: using old version '/usr/bin/python2.3'

After that:

n$ python demo.py
Creating sub domain markers for boundary condition.
Solving linear PDE.
--- Instant: compiling ---
 Assembling rank 2 form.
 Ordering mesh entities...
 Assembling over 2048 cells.
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------| 0.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |======|----------------------------------------------------------| 10.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |=============|---------------------------------------------------| 20.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |===================|---------------------------------------------| 30.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |==========================|--------------------------------------| 40.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |================================|--------------------------------| 50.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |=======================================|-------------------------| 60.1%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |=============================================|-------------------| 70.1%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |====================================================|------------| 80.1%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |==========================================================|------| 90.1%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |=================================================================| 100.0%
--- Instant: compiling ---
 Assembling rank 1 form.
 Ordering mesh entities...
 Assembling over 2048 cells.
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------| 0.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |======|----------------------------------------------------------| 10.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |=============|---------------------------------------------------| 20.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |===================|---------------------------------------------| 30.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |==========================|--------------------------------------| 40.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |================================|--------------------------------| 50.0%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |=======================================|-------------------------| 60.1%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |=============================================|-------------------| 70.1%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |====================================================|------------| 80.1%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |==========================================================|------| 90.1%
 | Assembling over cells                                           |
 |=================================================================| 100.0%
 Assembling over 128 exterior facets.
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------| 0.0%
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |======|----------------------------------------------------------| 10.2%
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |=============|---------------------------------------------------| 20.3%
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |===================|---------------------------------------------| 30.5%
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |==========================|--------------------------------------| 40.6%
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |=================================|-------------------------------| 50.8%
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |=======================================|-------------------------| 60.9%
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |==============================================|------------------| 71.1%
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |====================================================|------------| 81.2%
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |===========================================================|-----| 91.4%
 | Assembling over exterior facets                                 |
 |=================================================================| 100.0%
--- Instant: compiling ---
 Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions to linear system.
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------| 0.0%
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 |======|----------------------------------------------------------| 10.0%
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 |=============|---------------------------------------------------| 20.0%
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 |===================|---------------------------------------------| 30.0%
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 |==========================|--------------------------------------| 40.1%
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 |================================|--------------------------------| 50.1%
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 |=======================================|-------------------------| 60.1%
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 |=============================================|-------------------| 70.1%
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 |====================================================|------------| 80.1%
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 |==========================================================|------| 90.1%
 | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
 Using direct solver.
 Solving linear system of size 1089 x 1089 (UMFPACK LU solver).
 Ordering mesh entities...

and a graphical window opened!
Many thanks, I think this is finally fixed.

Lorenzo

Åsmund Ødegård wrote:
aha: