Re: Parallel assembly and SparsityPattern

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 05:50:42PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> Perhaps it's worth focusing on getting DofMap (with re-working of the
> mapping) and SparsityPattern sorted out for parallel assembly before
> worrying too much about the PETSc wrappers.

It's not about the design of the PETSc wrappers, it's about getting
the things we need to initialize a PETSc MPIAIJ matrix efficiently so
we can get speedup for the parallel assembly.

The current status is that it seems to work, but we don't see any
speedup, presumably since we don't initialize the data efficiently.

> Once you have the
> SparsityPattern (for each process) it should give you what you need to
> initialise parallel matrices.

What's the status of pDofMap?