Re: [FFC-dev] Plans for release

Johan Jansson skrev den 16/01-2008 følgende:
> Anders Logg wrote:
> >
> > Release early and often is a good thing. There just hasn't been much
> > pressure to get a release out for a while (probably since most
> > users/developers use the hg version anyway).
> >

> Do open projects which use DOLFIN make releases which rely on the hg
> version? Could someone from such a project comment on what they do? What
> does Simula do when they make a release of open software which relies on
> DOLFIN?

We don't. Our open software does not, to my knowledge, depend on DOLFIN.
Instead we are merging our software _with_ DOLFIN. I.e., we are removing much
of our code base (where DOLFIN has good alternatives), inheriting from DOLFIN
where appropriate, and contributing to the DOLFIN development in order to
influence it, such that we can solve our problems using DOLFIN(/PyCC). The
release cycle problem is, however, from Simula's point of view, best solved by
us contributing to the development of DOLFIN to speed up the releases
(especially before releases).

Ola