Re: Evaluating the FEM solution at an arbitrary point

Dag Lindbo wrote:
On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 08:49:09PM +0100, Shilpa Khatri wrote:
We (Dag and I) are doing this because we would like to have Dolfin solve
the
Stokes/Navier-Stokes equations as one part of a timestep in our code
where we
are moving interfaces that are defined as a random set of points in the
domain.

Thanks,
Shilpa
Then I suggest first finding out which cells those points lie in, then
then for each cell with a point get the expansion coefficients within
that cell, then multiply those coefficients with the values of the
basis functions at the points.

The basis functions are available from the ufc::finite_element.

We can implement a suitable interface for this at some point but
until then, you can do it manually.

Sounds good. Is the GTS_Interface still in place for searching?

/Dag

Yes, the IntersectionDetector is still in place as well as the GTS implementation, though these haven't been tested for a while.