Re: Evaluating the FEM solution at an arbitrary point

Then I suggest first finding out which cells those points lie in, then
then for each cell with a point get the expansion coefficients within
that cell, then multiply those coefficients with the values of the
basis functions at the points.

The basis functions are available from the ufc::finite_element.

The searching part has been sorted out. How do I get the ufc::finite_element from the function and/or the form? E.g.

Function f(mesh, 0.0);
StokesTHBilinearForm a;
StokesTHLinearForm L(f);
LinearPDE pde(a, L, mesh, bcs);

pde.set("PDE linear solver", "direct");
pde.solve(u, p);

ufc::form frm = a.form(); // form() is virtual
ufc::finite_element fe = frm.create_finite_element();

// OR
ufc::finite_element fe = u.finite_element; // no such member

(...)

  Dag