Re: New build system

On Thursday 06 March 2008 18:37:40 Anders Logg wrote:
> ok, so everyone seems to be happy (I'm very happy) with the new build
> system, so I just went ahead and pushed it.
>
> I'm sure this will break a lot of things for many people... :-)

Here it works fine! Good work Johannes and Åsmund!

But we should consider commenting out the following lines in SConscript in
dolfin-scons/dolfin directory.

if scons.checkVersion(m.group(1), "1.3.28"):
    swigFlags.append("-O")

A bug in swig makes the generated docstrings to disapear in the python
interface. I am using these quite a lot now when I am trying to get into
pydolfin.

The -O option is an optimaization option. But as allmost everything happens
under the hood, i.e., not dependent on the python interface running fast, I
can't imaging that this will give us much boost.

The bug should have been solved in a newer version of swig but I haven't tried
it.