Re: Plans

> 2008/3/6, Åsmund Ødegård <aasmund@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  >  I also wonder why having a writable PKG_CONFIG_PATH is necessary. I
>>  >  thought things got installed under scons/pkconfig?
>>

>> It's not necessary to have a writable PKG_CONFIG_PATH, scons/pkgconfig
>>  is used if non is found. Let's just say there are some issues, so
>>  having a a nice place to store pkg-config files writeable and first in
>>  PKG_CONFIG_PATH makes things a bit nicer.
>
> I've never "invited" scons to touch directories from my
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH. Those scons-generated .pc-files can easily end up in
> the installation directory of some other library. I think scons should
> use its local directory unless the user explicitly asks otherwise.
>
> --
> Martin

Has anyone experienced the following problem when running scons:

cosby@KK120:~/FEniCS/dolfin$ scons --help
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
/home/cosby/FEniCS/dolfin/scons/simula-scons/simula_scons/__init__.pyc
Checking for numpy-1...
** Warning: Added /home/cosby/FEniCS/dolfin/scons/pkgconfig
    as PKG_CONFIG_PATH **
no (pkg-config file not found)
 Trying to generate pkg-config file for numpy-1... done
 Found NumPy and generated pkg-config file in
 '/home/cosby/FEniCS/dolfin/scons/pkgconfig'
Checking for ufc-1... yes
Checking for umfpack... no (pkg-config file not found)
 Trying to generate pkg-config file for umfpack... failed
 *** Unable to generate a suitable pkg-config file for umfpack.
 *** If umfpack is present on your system, try setting the UMFPACK_DIR
 *** environment variable to the directory where umfpack is installed.
Checking for python-2... no (pkg-config file not found)
 Trying to generate pkg-config file for python-2... done
 Found 'Python' and generated pkg-config file in
 /home/cosby/FEniCS/dolfin/scons/pkgconfig
Checking for gts... yes
Checking for boost... no (pkg-config file not found)
 Trying to generate pkg-config file for boost... done
 Found Boost and generated pkg-config file in
 '/home/cosby/FEniCS/dolfin/scons/pkgconfig'
Checking for libxml-2.0... yes
petsc, an optional dependency for dolfin, is not found
slepc, an optional dependency for dolfin, is not found
scotch, an optional dependency for dolfin, is not found
umfpack, an optional dependency for dolfin, is not found
gts, an optional dependency for dolfin, is found
TypeError: File /home/cosby/FEniCS/dolfin/src found where directory
expected.:
  File "SConstruct", line 149:
    buildDataHash = env.SConscript(os.path.join("dolfin", "SConscript"),
exports=["env", "configure"])
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Script/SConscript.py", line 494:
    return apply(_SConscript, [self.fs,] + files, {'exports' : exports})
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Script/SConscript.py", line 226:
    exec _file_ in call_stack[-1].globals
  File "dolfin/SConscript", line 98:
    rpathdirs=[Dir("#src/%s" % (m.path)).abspath  for m in modules.values()]
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Script/SConscript.py", line 557:
    return apply(method, args, kw)
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 1286:
    return apply(self.fs.Dir, (self.subst(name),) + args, kw)
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Node/FS.py", line 1099:
    return self.Entry(name, directory, create, Dir)
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Node/FS.py", line 1073:
    return self._doLookup(klass, name, directory, create)
  File ".../SCons/Memoizer-cache_get-lambda<_doLookup>", line 4:
    None
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Memoize.py", line 287:
    rval = cdict[ckey] = apply(func, args, kw)
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Node/FS.py", line 1003:
    result.diskcheck_match()
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Node/FS.py", line 1213:
    "File %s found where directory expected.")
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Node/FS.py", line 329:
    raise TypeError, errorfmt % path

Kristen