Re: Building applications

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 Garth N. Wells wrote:
> Anders Logg wrote:
>> How does one build an application against DOLFIN with scons?
>>
>> Before, we had a (very simple) Makefile in each demo directory such
>> that the demos could be rebuilt individually and someone wanting to
>> write an application could just copy the Makefile somewhere else.
>>
>> So, could we add a (very very simple) example somewhere that could be
>> used as a template?
>>

> I have some examples of how to do this which I'll add shortly. I was
> hoping first to add a message at the end of the build on how to set
> various paths. The necessary bit and pieces are written to dolfin.conf
> as before.

Regarding the message at the end of the build: I have tried to use a
PostAction on the 'install' target, like this:

def test(target=None, source=None, env=None):
    print "Does this work?"

env.AddPostAction('install', Action(test))

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. Perhaps because the 'install'
target is an Alias? I'm not sure.

Johannes