Re: Utilities for patching together meshes

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:14:03PM -0500, Andy Ray Terrel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A fellow student brought me a problem yesterday of solving the heat
> equation on the surface of a water tower shape (a sphere on top of a
> cylinder on a plane).  He has a mesh for each piece and can put it
> together quite easily in his own code but he wanted to try FEM.  I was
> just wondering if there was support in the Dolfin mesh library for such
> a domain, and/or if anyone has an example of patching together domains
> that I could show him.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

Not that I know.

If there are no real reason for using separate meshes, then I suggest
just making a new mesh for the whole thing and compute on that (with
some mesh generator like Netgen).

(There are other cases where one might want to have separate meshes,
like for example if they are overlapping. This can also be done but
requires some manual work.)