Re: 3D plotting with transparent objects

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 01:45:44PM +0100, Kristen Kaasbjerg wrote:
> So what do people in general do when they want to produce nice 3D plots ?
>
> Kristen

Here's what I do (which is obviously not optimal):

  1. Make sure I sit on a computer with a large screen (in terms of pixels)
  2. Make the plot in paraview and maximize the window
  3. Take a screenshot (using the Ubuntu screenshot utility)
  4. Open in GIMP, crop the image and save to eps

:-)

The .eps will be a bitmap but with a lot of pixels so it looks ok.

Number 3 is needed since my paraview crashes when I try to export the
figure.