Re: 3D plotting with transparent objects

Anders Logg wrote:
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 01:45:44PM +0100, Kristen Kaasbjerg wrote:
So what do people in general do when they want to produce nice 3D plots ?

Kristen

Here's what I do (which is obviously not optimal):

  1. Make sure I sit on a computer with a large screen (in terms of pixels)
  2. Make the plot in paraview and maximize the window
  3. Take a screenshot (using the Ubuntu screenshot utility)
  4. Open in GIMP, crop the image and save to eps

:-)

The .eps will be a bitmap but with a lot of pixels so it looks ok.

Number 3 is needed since my paraview crashes when I try to export the
figure.

I'm betting that you don't have an nvidia card.

Have you tried turning off any fancy desktop effects before exporting? You can also try making an animation. Paraview will write just one frame in the format you choose, but uses off screen rendering.