python issue on mac

Hi all, I just successfully built dolfin (including python bindings) on my
MacBook Pro.  However, when trying to run any of the demos,
I get
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
(long pause)
Abort trap

The system defaults to using /sw/bin/python (fink python),

However, if I run the demo with /usr/bin/python, it mostly works.  By
mostly, it dies when attempting to plot (going out to viper), because those
modules point to the other version of python.  It seems that scons is
picking a different python than the system default based on my path?

Is there a way to force scons to use /sw/bin/python?

BTW , which scons gives /sw/bin/scons, so this shouldn't be the issue.

Thanks,
Rob

Follow ups