Re: python issue on mac

Robert Kirby wrote:
Hi all, I just successfully built dolfin (including python bindings) on my MacBook Pro. However, when trying to run any of the demos,
I get
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
(long pause)
Abort trap

The system defaults to using /sw/bin/python (fink python),

However, if I run the demo with /usr/bin/python, it mostly works. By mostly, it dies when attempting to plot (going out to viper), because those modules point to the other version of python. It seems that scons is picking a different python than the system default based on my path?

Is there a way to force scons to use /sw/bin/python?

BTW , which scons gives /sw/bin/scons, so this shouldn't be the issue.

Thanks,
Rob
Hi Rob,

Are you still having these problems? I have the same setup on my Macbook as you do, and I don't experience these problems. Since you have built scons with fink, really is should use the fink version of python. They are supposed to be the same python version. What happens if you install scons manually?

ilmar