Re: Release?

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 02:41:23PM +0200, Dag Lindbo wrote:
> Anders Logg wrote:

> >> Note that Viper can do 1D plotting now, so the Poisson_1D demo can be
> >> updated :)
> >>
> >> /Dag
> >
> > Nice. Will update.
> >

> Feedback on the xy-plotter?
>
> Example: http://www.csc.kth.se/~dag/dolfin/viper_1d.png
>
> I should probably change it so that it only draws the dots when the
> dataset is small.
>
> Viper now includes functionality for plotting x(s) vs y(s), i.e.
> "matlab-style" plot(vec x, vec y, linespec). This function is of course
> used to plot the 1d function, but it could perhaps have other uses from
> within dolfin?
>
> /Dag

It looks nice. At some point (soon), it would be good to have support
for plotting ODE solutions with Viper from DOLFIN. Currently, this is
difficult to do since the ODE solution produced by DOLFIN is not
stored other than to file. One of my students (Benjamin Kehlet) is
working on a new class ODESolution which will provide the necessary
data to do ODE plotting (and store/retrieve data for solving the dual
problem).