Re: Compiler

On Wed, May 07, 2008 Anders Logg wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 10:11:14AM +0200, Ilmar Wilbers wrote:
>> OK, we figured this one out. Tried to use checkinstall for gcc 4.3,
>> which removed c++ from /usr/bin. However, ccache still thought is was
>> available, but it could not be used to compile (obviously). Still think
>> we should set enableMpi=0 if Petsc and Scotch also are set to
>> enableXXX=0, and enableMpi is not explicitely set to 1.
>>
>> ilmar
>
> Sounds ok to me. Just ask Johannes to fix it. :-)

I think MPI should be disabled by default instead. If MPI is useful only
when PETSc and/or SCOTCH is enabled, it will be only one case where the
user has to turn on MPI manually with the enableMpi option and that is
when SCOTCH is enabled and PETSc is disabled. MPI will be enabled
automatically if PETSc is enabled and PETSc is built with MPI.

Johannes