Re: [Viper-dev] Problem with displacement plot

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 10:04:04PM +0200, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> My elasticity demos using SFC plot just fine after the change.
> Are you absolutely positive that all FFC code has been updated,
> e.g. the ffc cache and generated code stored in dolfin?
>
> F.ex., have you implemented dof_map::geometric_dimension()
> which was introduced UFC 1.1 in FFC? If so, DOLFIN is not updated
> to use this new code (see one of my previous hg commit messages).

Found the problem. The reason it was difficult to find was the way
plotting is done from C++. We spit out an XML file and generate a
Python script which reads back the data from the XML file and calls
Viper from Python. This relies on the precompiled element library for
reading the data back into a Function so it wasn't enough to recompile
the elasticity form. And the element library wasn't updated because of
a bug in the compileforms script...

Should be fixed now.