Wiki

I noticed the link to 'A detailed guide to installing dolfin' (http://www.fenics.org/wiki/A_detailed_guide_to_installing_DOLFIN) is removed from http://fenics.org/wiki/DOLFIN#Installation

However, it still shows up when googling for dolfin installation. So maybe it should be linked against something else?

Alternatively, it needs to be revised:
-new version of all packages
-no need to run bjam for boost (we only use header files)
-use openmpi instead of mpich
-add enable-shared=1 to petsc
-add externalpackages from petsc to LD_LIBRARY_PATH (as we make it download and install hypre and umfpack)
-use scons

Should we install umfpack ourselves instead of making petsc do it? Do we really need hypre?

If you provide me with some feedback I could go through this on a clean machine, update this, and add the link back to the dolfin page on the wiki.

ilmar

Follow ups