Re: Plot and MPI

Garth N. Wells skrev den 11/07-2008 følgende:

> Ola Skavhaug wrote:
>> Garth N. Wells skrev den 10/07-2008 følgende:
>>> When I have MPI installed and configure DOLFIN with either PETSc or
>>> Trilinos, I get a bunch of errors when plot() is called (see below).
>>> A plot appears as expected, followed by the error messages. Looks
>>> like a Viper issue (?).
>>
>> As far as I know, there shouldn't be any MPI calls in viper/VTK. I have
>> absolutely no idea what causes this error.
>>
>> Did you compile VTK with MPI? Could you report the output of this commando on
>> the shared vtk-libraries:
>> objdump -R /usr/lib/libvtk*.so  | grep MPI
>>

> I didn't build VTK. I'm using the package. From objdump I get
>
> >objdump -R /usr/lib/libvtk*.so  | grep MPI
> 000fc960 R_386_JUMP_SLOT
> _ZN24vtkDistributedDataFilter15MPIRedistributeEP10vtkDataSetS1_
>
> Garth

OK, then we have the vtk. As you can see, no MPI stuff is going on in viper,
and the MPI_Attr_get does not live in vtk. I have a similar problem now when I
try to combine dolfin with petsc bindings and the PyCC bindings to a serial
build of HYPRE. The problems are likely to be caused by some dummy MPI calls
in HYPRE that are mixed with the non-dummy versions of MPI in dolfin/PETSc.
I don't know what causes the problem you describe.

Can you give a more elaborate description of your system build + which
problems that fail?

Ola