Re: Assembly benchmark

Anders Logg wrote:
I have made some further adjustments to the assembly benchmark in

  bench/fem/assembly/cpp

The results are here:

  http://www.fenics.org/hg/dolfin?f=82bebeaa545c;file=bench/fem/assembly/cpp/bench.log

Before trying to conclude anything from the results, please run the
benchmark and report your results. There may still be bugs. Please take
a look at the benchmark code as well, it's fairly short. It would be
good if we could settle on a fixed benchmark that we all trust and
then continue to discuss what to do about improving the numbers.

My results are quite different, so perhaps we could post results with machine details, compiler options, etc, to the wiki?

Garth

The benchmark code is here:

  http://www.fenics.org/hg/dolfin?f=1378b25bf84b;file=bench/fem/assembly/cpp/main.cpp

Just to trigger some discussion, Epetra seems to be the worst backend
in the assembly event, but the clear winner in the reassembly event.