Re: DofMapSet design

Ola Skavhaug wrote:

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Johan Hoffman <jhoffman@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jhoffman@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     > Johan Hoffman wrote:

    Getting
    Dirichlet dofs

    I've lost
    I'd be

     >>> Now would be a good time for a release so I can start messing with
     >>> DofMaps.
     >>>
     >>> Garth
     >>
     >> Has anything more been done about the DofMap design? During the
    summer
     >> Niclas has extended to general elements his adaptive algorithm for
     >> distributed parallel computing, so we are now ready to start messing
     >> with
     >> the DofMaps in order to implement his algorithm in DOLFIN.
     >>

     > It has been given some thought, but no changes have been made in the
     > code yet.

    Ok. Any threads on the list to point to where this is discussed?

    If you have something already, I would suggest making it
     > publicly available somewhere for feedback before starting work on
    DOLFIN.

    It is a refinement and generalization of the thesis work of Niclas
    Jansson
    which was discussed on the list before the summer. Is is outlined in his
    report:
    http://www.nada.kth.se/utbildning/grukth/exjobb/rapportlistor/2008/rapporter08/jansson_niclas_08051.pdf

    My announcement here was to initiate a discussion of the detailed
    implementation, and to check if other DOLFIN-people were working on
    similar stuff to avoid double/conflicting development.

    /Johan

Very good. We were about to start on this task, so now a good point in time to join forces. As a starting point, it would be nice to agreeing on what data is needed in addition to the partitioned meshes to construct the global dofmap. I.e. which MeshFunctions to construct during the mesh paritioning process. Are you people using the same {T,S,F} input as Anders describes in Algorithm 5 in his paper?

Which paper?

Garth

Ola