Re: Assembly + Dirichlet bcs

Anders Logg wrote:
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 04:17:11PM +0200, kent-and@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
kent-and@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Can Assembler::assemble_system be easily generalised to an Array of
DirichletBC,

   Array<DirichletBC*> bcs

so that vector equations can be handled?

Garth

Good point, I'll have a look.

OK, I'm taking a look at the moment with a view to generalising
Assembler::assemble_system for nonlinear problems (Newton solve).

Garth
OK, in the present implementation, the matrix does not have 1 on the diagonal
associated with bcs. It will be 1 times the number of elements (or faces)
associated
with it.

This weighting can be stored but it is not presently done.

Kent

I amazed you even managed to implement that code. It's huge. We should
try to break it up so we can reuse as much as possible between that
and the standard assemble() function.

I was impressed :).

Now that what's needed is clear, it can be broken up. It looks to me like a number of the existing functions can be extended slightly and then re-used. The actual code for applying the bcs is not very long.