assembly on an "active set" of integration points

Hi,

I need to be able to assemble an active set of integration points.  Essentially, to determine the set I loop over cells and then loop again over the integration points in the cell and determine if that integration point is active with some criteria.  Then I'd like to be able to assemble that set.

This is a problem because currently the element_tensor does not break down into integration points, and I need to take derivatives, so the QuadratureElement in FFC is also ruled out.  I suppose I could calculate derivatives and then project on the QuadratureElement, but that seems sort of unclean.

It seems like the recent discussion about integrating at a point (on the UFC list) might help me out here.

Any other thoughts on how I might go about this?

Jake

Follow ups