Re: Electromagnetic Eigenvalue problem demo and vector function tests

Evan Lezar wrote:
Hi

Please find attached a demo for the use of pydolfin in the computation of the TM cutoff modes of a rectangular waveguide as well as a simple test for evaluation of a discrete Nedelec function using pydolfin. I was not sure of the folder conventions, so I put the code in the sandbox for now - if someone could tell me where it needs to go (somewhere in the demos folder) then I will gladly move it there.

I've pushed it to the sever. Demos usually go under

  dolfin/demo/foo/bar/cpp
  dolfin/demo/foo/bar/python

A few minor suggestions:

-The class SLEPcEigensolver might be useful in your demo. It provides various eigensolvers, and can provide an interface at arpack and other packages. Take a look at the demos that use it.

- Would it be possible to briefly lay out the equations being solved in the comment at the top of the demo file?

- It would be helpful if some of the variable names were more descriptive.

- Try to limit line lengths to about 80 cols

Then, on a side note. How do I go about getting an account so that I can make commits without having to ping the list all the time? Or how exactly does that process work?

It's fine to send bundles to this list.

Garth

Thanks in advance
Evan