Re: Assembler interface

Anders Logg wrote:
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 04:29:16PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:

Anders Logg wrote:
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 05:24:54PM +0200, Anders Logg wrote:
Now that we have removed DofMapSet, how should the general assembly
interface look? We have lots of simple assemble() functions and they
all end up calling the main function which is

  void assemble(GenericTensor& A,
                const ufc::form& form,
                const Array<Function*>& coefficients,
                const DofMapSet& dof_map_set,
                const MeshFunction<uint>* cell_domains,
                const MeshFunction<uint>* exterior_facet_domains,
                const MeshFunction<uint>* interior_facet_domains,
                bool reset_tensor = true);

One option would be

  void assemble(GenericTensor& A,
                const ufc::form& form,
                const std::vector<std::tr1::shared_ptr<FunctionSpace> > function_spaces,
                const std::vector<std::tr1::shared_ptr<Function> > coefficients,
                const MeshFunction<uint>* cell_domains,
                const MeshFunction<uint>* exterior_facet_domains,
                const MeshFunction<uint>* interior_facet_domains,
                bool reset_tensor = true);
I meant

    void assemble(GenericTensor& A,
                  const ufc::form& form,
                  const std::vector<FunctionSpace&> function_spaces,
                  const std::vector<Function&> coefficients,
                  const MeshFunction<uint>* cell_domains,
                  const MeshFunction<uint>* exterior_facet_domains,
                  const MeshFunction<uint>* interior_facet_domains,
                  bool reset_tensor = true);

That look better.

Why is

   const std::vector<FunctionSpace&> function_spaces

required in the assembler?

Garth

What about dolfin::Array vs std::vector?

OK with me. Can't remember any more if there was a reason for using std::vector instead of Array.

Does PyDOLFIN wrap the member functions of Array which are inherited from std:vector?