Re: [HG DOLFIN] Added SubFunction to dolfin_function.h so swig interface compile\nRename of function.in to function._in\nAdded __contains__ in FunctionSpace so one can write u in V.\nAdded % import ufc.h in dolfin_dunction_pre.i as dolfi

On Monday 03 November 2008 14:25:45 Johannes Ring wrote:
> On Mon, November 3, 2008 14:07, Johan Hake wrote:

> >> in

> >> ufc::function\nand

> >> 'ufc.h'

> >> included

> >> My previous experience is that pkg-config usually skips printing
> >> default include directories like /usr/include and /usr/local/include,
> >> while SWIG does not include those by default.
> >> If UFC is in one of those, just asking pkg-config won't work.
> >
> > It's only when something is installed under /usr that pkg-config does not
> > give
> > any output. This beaviour can be configured by setting the environment
> > variable
> >
> >   PKG_CONFIG_ALLOW_SYSTEM_CFLAGS
> >
> > before calling pkg-config.
> >
> > ufc.h is installed under /usr if not given any prefix. We should probably
> > set
> > default installation directory to /usr/local instead of /usr when not set
> > by
> > user while running ufc/setup.py.
> >
> > If no one have any objection maybee Johannes can do that?
>
> I guess someone with write access to the UFC hg repository should fix
> that.

Ahh, I thought you had access to all sort of places :)

> However, it won't help if someone installs UFC under /usr
> deliberately. A solution might be to force SWIG to always look under
> /usr/include by adding it to the default SWIG flags. It shouldn't do any
> harm i guess.

I think we should change the installation dir _and_ set the environment
variable PKG_CONFIG_ALLOW_SYSTEM_CFLAGS when calling pkg-config in
simula_scons.