Re: Remaining issues

Anders Logg wrote:
There seem to be only a few issues remaining before we can make a new
release:

1. Fix problem with shared_ptr in EpetraMatrix.

If Johan can't fix this easily in PyDOLFIN, I can just add an extra member function for the time being to EpetraMatrix (as is done in EpetraVector).

It would be nice if the Epetra classes could be completed in the near future. There is quite some functionality missing.

2. Fix problem with using PETSc C++ interface in PETSc classes.

I'll take a look at this.

We could ask the maintainer of the Debian package to add C++ support in future packages.

PETSc 3 is out now. Should we move to it after the next release?

3. Maybe fix assemble_system. It currently seems to be broken. To
test, set the "symmetric" option in the DG demo:

  dolfin_set("symmetric", True)

Is anyone going to look at assemble_system now?

I looked at it a while ago and the results looked ok for DG demo. I'll take a look again. It's an important feature, so it should be fixed before a release.

Garth

Otherwise, we can
leave it as it is. I've added a warning:

  warning("assemble_system() may not give correct results for forms involving facet integrals.");