Re: Remaining issues

On Wednesday 31 December 2008 09:48:32 Garth N. Wells wrote:
> Anders Logg wrote:
> > There seem to be only a few issues remaining before we can make a new
> > release:
> >
> > 1. Fix problem with shared_ptr in EpetraMatrix.
>
> If Johan can't fix this easily in PyDOLFIN, I can just add an extra
> member function for the time being to EpetraMatrix (as is done in
> EpetraVector).

It is true that I have looked into it, but I havn't got it worked yet. It is
also notoriously difficult to debug and a small change will trigger a
regeneration of the swig file... I have a proof of principle code (nothing
related to DOLFIN) up and running with wrapped shared_ptr, that works in
python, but as mentioned I have not got it work for PyDOLFIN and I do not
think I will have anything up and running before the release.

> It would be nice if the Epetra classes could be completed in the near
> future. There is quite some functionality missing.

While at it. The set function in the EpetraVector will segfault from python.
Uncomment the part that test the Epetra la interface in

   test/unit/la/python/test.py

for an illustration.

Running this test I also got an error when using the wrapped operator() in the
PETScMatrix from python. This function just calls the get() function, which
raises:

   RuntimeError: *** Assertion (A) [at dolfin/la/PETScMatrix.cpp:210 in get()]

Johan