Automatic generation of spare linear system of equations

Is the linear algebra support in dolfin capable of automatically
generating the sparse linear system of equations? (I know that ffc
effectively does this, but note that this question does not involve
solving a PDE using FEM, but a linear system of equations).

For example, assume we have some busy sets of linear equations and we
wish to convert them to Ax = b so that we can feed them to the linear
solvers. Is there any way of automatically obtaining A and b avoiding
manual calculations and hard-coding?

-Ali

Follow ups