Re: Automatic generation of spare linear system of equations

2009/2/25 Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 09:34:44PM +0000, A Navaei wrote:
>> Is the linear algebra support in dolfin capable of automatically
>> generating the sparse linear system of equations? (I know that ffc
>> effectively does this, but note that this question does not involve
>> solving a PDE using FEM, but a linear system of equations).
>>
>> For example, assume we have some busy sets of linear equations and we
>> wish to convert them to Ax = b so that we can feed them to the linear
>> solvers. Is there any way of automatically obtaining A and b avoiding
>> manual calculations and hard-coding?
>
> Yes! Isn't that what you are using already? Define a bilinear form a,
> a linear form L, and then just assemble the matrix and vector by
>
>  A = assemble(a)
>  b = assemble(L)

Are the bilinear and linear forms, which you referred to, supposed to
be mesh-less? (Can we create a mesh-less Form?) Also, I was not able
to find the above assemble(), the closest is Assembler::assemble
(GenericTensor &A, const Form &a).

-Ali