Re: recompute& evaluate a function/vector

hello

So my Etafunction is now being correctly constructed and there are the correct values in the dof-vector(). i did this by a function class definition and a call to Eta as

class Eta: public Function
{
Eta (Mesh& mesh, Function& gamma, Form& form, ...) : Function(mesh, form, argument_id)
{ constructor....something as above }

and then i call it as

f_eta = new Eta(.....);

in the main program.

calling Eta as Function(mesh,form,id) i thought this should create a discrete function for f_eta, but the type of the f_eta function is 'user'. this gives me an error at the assembly, "missing eval() for user-defined function..." do i have to add an dummy eval() function to my Eta-class, or what do i have to change that no eva()-missing error is raised and my f_eta function is of type discrete?

thanks for your help,
patrick

sorry, i found an error, now the Eta is of type discrete (all 3 argument functions of my form are now discrete). but the eval() error at assembly of the form is still present.