Re: Function without form?

Thank you. Now everything works as expected. :)

BArtek

Garth N. Wells wrote:

Bartosz Sawicki wrote:
After few weeks being out of fenics repositories, I'm trying to get my application back to live. And I have a question, if it is possible now to create Function without using complete form definition?

Yes, take a look at

   /demo/pde/advection-diffusion

(there are both C++ and Python demos)

Following code worked one month ago, but not any more:

FiniteElement fe("MixedElement([FiniteElement('Discontinuous Lagrange', 'tetrahedron', 0), FiniteElement('Discontinuous Lagrange', 'tetrahedron', 0), FiniteElement('Discontinuous Lagrange', 'tetrahedron', 0)])"); DofMap dofmap("FFC dof map for MixedElement([FiniteElement('Discontinuous Lagrange', 'tetrahedron', 0), FiniteElement('Discontinuous Lagrange', 'tetrahedron', 0), FiniteElement('Discontinuous Lagrange', 'tetrahedron', 0)])", mesh);
FunctionSpace Vj(mesh, fe, dofmap);
Function j( Vj );

The precompiled elements with signatures have been removed, which is why the above will no longer work.

Maybe I'm just thinking in the wrong way? Maybe it would be more natural for dolfin to create simple form file:
vectorelement = VectorElement("Discontinuous Lagrange", "tetrahedron", 0)
j = Function(vectorelement)

You can do something like this in the Python interface,

    V = VectorFunctionSpace(mesh, "CG", 2)
    velocity = Function(V);

Garth

cheers,