Re: Curl-curl demo

Bartosz Sawicki wrote:
I've written simple demo of curl-curl equation. It is based on eddy-currents phenomena in low conducting materials. So far, in the demo directory, there are no examples of this kind of PDE, where Nedelec elements are used.
If you found it useful, please consider placing it in the repository.

The patch which I'm sending, contains cpp and python code. Cpp works fine, but demo.py gives wrong results. I have no idea, whats wrong in the python code. Please, take a look, this is probably bug.

(1) There seems to be a minus sign discrepancy between the two demos in the EddyCurrents part.

You are right, there should be minus in both demos.

(2) In the python demo, replace

   bc = DirichletBC(P1, zero, DirichletBoundary())

by    bc = DirichletBC(PN, zero, DirichletBoundary())

Oh, good! How could I miss that. This is the bug which I was looking for. Now both examples works perfectly. Thank you very much.

Do you want me to send improved patch? Or you can change this two characters?

I have no pushing privileges for dolfin -- so I guess someone higher up the hierarchy will get it done when they have time.
But, it is probably easiest  if you fix the bugs and send the perfect patch.

Marie E. Rognes
Center for Biomedical Computing
Simula Research Laboratory