Re: [HG DOLFIN] Permit access to values and size for a Constant.

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:30:14AM +0200, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Johannes Ring <johannr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Yes, that's what I do (in Jaunty).
> >
> > libboost-dev does not depend on libboost-program-options-dev. It is only
> > recommended. This means that both has to be installed (also on Jaunty).
> >
> > Martin: Maybe you have an old boost.pc file somewhere? The old one does
> > not specify this line:
> >
> >    Libs: -L/usr/lib -lboost_program_options
> >
> > Johannes
>
> Yes, there was an old boost.pc file in the path from the old stable
> dolfin installation (which I didn't want to touch).
>
> I also removed boost 1.35 from apt, libboost-dev uses 1.34, but I
> think it was the .pc file.
> Reminder to self: always locate foo.pc before asking dolfin-dev...
> (I also need an easier system for handling multiple installed versions.)

I've started using Dorsal for this. I set the installation path to
one of

  $HOME/local/lib/fenics-stable
  $HOME/local/lib/fenics-dev

and then have aliases fenics-stable and fenics-dev for sourcing the
appropriate dolfin.conf.

And I've also disabled building of DOLFIN in the dev configuration
(very easy to do with Dorsal) since I need to rebuild that manually
all the time while working on it.

I also disable building of PETSc, SLEPc, Trilinos etc after the first
install. Then I can just rerun Dorsal to install all the light-weight
fast-changing packages (UFL, UFC, FFC etc).