Re: Python + NewParameter

Anders Logg wrote:
On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 08:04:36PM +0200, Johan Hake wrote:
On Saturday 04 July 2009 19:53:46 Anders Logg wrote:
On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 05:30:42PM +0200, Anders Logg wrote:
On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 12:59:19AM +0200, Johan Hake wrote:
On Saturday 04 July 2009 00:52:13 Garth N. Wells wrote:
Johan Hake wrote:
On Saturday 04 July 2009 00:14:04 Garth N. Wells wrote:
How should the new parameter system be used from the Python
interface?
Looks like you found out of it?
Yes, with some trial and error and a search on "__setitem__".
Yes I used __setitem__ for all assignments.

A test is also provided in

  sandbox/misc

Should update it to a fullfledged unit test before the release. I see
that I need to update the PyDOLFIN interface for nested parameter set.

Johan
I've been working without internet access and have worked on removing
the old parameter system entirely and using the global parameter set
instead of dolfin_get/set.

I'll try to merge this later tonight and then I suspect there will
need to be some more work on getting this to work in Python.
The merge went terribly wrong. We've been editing the same files.
I need to reimplement the changes in a fresh clone.
Urk...

I just touched 5 lines! How could it destroy a whole merge?

johan

Garth had 10 or so changesets in between, related to handling of
parameters in Python, linear algebra and demos. I touched some of that
as well, so I might as well redo it.

I assumed that the big merge that you warned us about on the list took place yesterday, which I why I committed some changes last night to get a few demos working.

This is a reminder of the importance of merging early, often, and that
having an internet connection is important when coding... :-)

. . . and we need to get back on top of the buildbots so we can trace back which changes break things.