Re: [HG DOLFIN] Re-enable verbose output of MeshFunctions even though they are templated.

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 03:21:35PM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> DOLFIN wrote:
> > One or more new changesets pushed to the primary dolfin repository.
> > A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.
> >
> > changeset:   6977:3d54df3ed64ee441001571f125cd7eae95b235f3
> > tag:         tip
> > user:        "Ola Skavhaug <skavhaug@xxxxxxxxx>"
> > date:        Tue Sep 08 14:38:11 2009 +0200
> > files:       dolfin/mesh/MeshFunction.h
> > Re-enable verbose output of MeshFunctions even though they are templated.
> >

> I disabled this because it breaks our application code where we template
> things other than int, uint and double over mesh entities.
>
> Garth

We need to be able to display MeshFunctions in DOLFIN. Very useful for
debugging.

Template classes may require the template parameter class to have
certain properties. Here we just happen to require that they have a
string representation. Just add

  operator std::string() const { return "foo"; }

to the objects you are using.