Re: Buildbot

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 05:49:37PM +0200, Johannes Ring wrote:

>> > Do you get the same results if you run it again? There's a random
>> > element involved in the computation of the global parallel dofmap
>> > which might give you different results.
>>
>> Yes, same error each time.

>> > Very strange.
>> >
>> > Does it hang when you run in manually or just when the buildbot runs it?
>>
>> Both. The virtual machine the buildbot runs on might be the problem.
>
> Strange. I don't know how to debug this. Is anyone else experiencing
> this?

I also get the same behavior on my laptop so it is not just the buildbot:

[1]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
[1]PETSC ERROR: Nonconforming object sizes!
[1]PETSC ERROR: Sum of local lengths 565 does not equal global length
564, my local length 282
  likely a call to VecSetSizes() or MatSetSizes() is wrong.
See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html#PetscSplitOwnership!

(This time PETSc was configured with SPOOLES instead of MUMPS.)

What is also strange is that the corresponding Python demo
(demo/pde/poisson/python) is working very nicely.

Johannes