Re: [Viper-dev] C++ plotting broken (even in serial)

This issue has returned.

Garth

Ola Skavhaug wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Johan Hake <hake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 15 September 2009 14:31:22 Ola Skavhaug wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:59:24PM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:
Anders Logg wrote:
When plotting a <function_plot_data> object from file, Viper just
plots the mesh, not the function.

Is this a bug in Viper?
I don't know. It's a pain to find out because there is no error message
and DOLFIN cleans up the plot files afterwards. It happens to me so
often that I'm not going to bother fixing it any more.

Garth
I don't think DOLFIN cleans up the plot files. The file is created in
the current directory and is named dolfin_plot_data.xml.
The problem here is the restructuring of the swig interface; the
rshift operator on FunctionPlotData is defined before the definition
of FunctionPlotData. This causes swig to ignore the rshift (and
lshift) operator for FunctionPlotData, and hence the lines

f = File(filename)
f >> FunctionPlotData()
Should be fixed now

Johan

Latest viper commit should make things work again.

Ola

fails.

Ola